RETURN, WARRANTY AND CORE POLICIES
Thanks for shopping at DeLorean Midwest. We appreciate your patronage to our business. We also want to make sure you have a rewarding experience while you’re exploring and purchasing our products and services.
To best assist you, please open your package once you receive it. Check for any damage and/or missing items from your purchase invoice. If anything is damaged and/or missing from your order, please contact us immediately by calling (815) 459-6439 or email us at email@example.com.
TERMS OF SALE AND RETURNS
If there’s something wrong with the product you purchased, you have 30 days from the invoice date to return your item(s). For core returns, there is a 45 day from invoice day. We consider all sales final unless a product is defective, or it was sent in error. For all other returns, they are subject to a 20% restocking fee at out discretion.
- Freight and shipping are not refunded unless you were shipped the wrong part.
- We will not accept returns after 30 days from invoice date (except cores)
- Any return that we accept must be in saleable, new condition and in its original packaging as shipped. We will not issue a refund if an item that is shipped back to us are:
- Not in their original packaging
- Are in used/damaged condition (except for shipping damage)
- Was poorly packed by the customer and was damaged in return
- The item was modified in anyway
- All special-order items are final sale and are not returnable.
- We reserve the right to verify that a part is truly defective before making a refund.
- Labor associated with the repair/restoration of parts are NOT covered by any warranty and cannot be refunded.
- All parts returned must first be authorized by DeLorean Midwest, please contact us first for further instructions.
- Electrical parts may not be returned, unless they are defective and are covered under our warranty policy.
ITEMS DAMAGED IN SHIPMENT
Unfortunately, there are times when items are damaged in shipping no matter how well they are packed. If any product that DeLorean Midwest ships out is damaged in shipping, please notify us immediately. You have 5 days to report it to us so that we can enter a claim with the shipping company.
- For shipping damage, DeLorean Midwest will handle the claim with the shipping company. During that time, there will be no reimbursements to the customer until the carrier has paid the claim.
- If you receive an oversized truck shipment, please inspect the contents before the driver leaves so that any damage can be noted on the bill of lading. Call us immediately so that we can initiate a claim with the trucking company. If damage is found after the shipment is accepted, you must notify the carrier within 48 hours to file a concealed damage claim.
- All damaged returns must be first authorized by DeLorean Midwest and sent back within 30 days of invoice date. We reserve the right to reject any damaged items returned outside of the 30-day window.
- Return shipping will be at the customer’s expense. Any refund of shipping that DeLorean Midwest may consider will be made after the merchandise has been received and inspected by DeLorean Midwest.
- Any advanced replacement shipments will be charged to the customer. A refund will be made upon the arrival of the part at DeLorean Midwest. If the returned damaged item has not been received by DeLorean Midwest, a refund will not be issued.
- Unless stated otherwise, all parts that DeLorean Midwest sells has a 90 day, from the date of the invoice, warranty. Some items may have a pro-rated warranty.
- Prior authorization from DeLorean Midwest is required for all parts returned under warranty.
- Any consideration for shipping refund will be made after the item has been received by DeLorean Midwest and inspected.
- Immediate replacement will be at the customer’s expense. A refund for this will be issued after warranty determination.
CORES CHARGES AND CORE RETURNS
On some items we sell, we require a core deposit to encourage you to return your original old part so that it can be rebuilt. On items that are no longer available, core deposits may be very high because they are irreplaceable.
- Contact DeLorean Midwest prior to returning your core.
- Shipping charges for the return of cores to DeLorean Midwest are NOT included in the core charge. The shipping charge and return shipping expense is the responsibility of the customer. We will not accept COD’s for returned cores.
- Cores should be reasonably clean and returned in a timely manner. To receive full credit, core must be returned within 45 days of invoice date. DeLorean Midwest reserves the right to prorate or refuse the fees for cores returned after 45 days from invoice date.
- The core must be identical to the item purchased, no substitutes unless authorized by DeLorean Midwest. If cores are sent in that are not identical to the items purchased, DeLorean Midwest will refuse the core and the customer will be charged for shipping the core back, if requested.
- We reserve the right to verify that a returned core is suitable for rebuilding before issuing a core deposit refund.
- We highly suggest adding tracking and insurance for high-value cores being returned.
- Unacceptable cores will be returned to customers at their expense, if requested.
- All core returns must have the order number clearly marked on the box that it is being sent in for.